If you wish to view the Prayer Service from home you can access Baltinglass Parish Webcam at http://www.baltinglassparish.ie/webcam/ at 11.15
Theme: Caring for our Common Home.
- School Band: Selection of Traditional Irish Music.
- Welcome: Sr. Eileen
- Spring Poems: Sixth class pupils.
- Opening Song: Sing a Song to Brigid sung by all children. Actions by second class on the Altar.
- Spring Poems: Sixth class
- Building up the Sacred Space on the Altar. Symbols of Spring presented by third and fourth classes. Commentary read by sixth class pupils.
- Leader Prayer: Sr. Eileen
- Prayer: Fr. Tommy
- Reading from the Book of Genesis: Principal Mairead
- Weaving of St. Brigid’s Cross. Input from pupils on building up a good happy school and caring for our environment.
- Prayers of Intercession: Read by third class.
- St. Brigid – a selection of stories read and dramatized by fifth class.
- Closing Prayer: Fr. Tommy
- Presentation of Flowers to Sr. Brigid: First class pupils.
- School Band present a medley of Irish Traditional Music
- Closing Song: Grace Before and After Play.
Please note that this while this service is to celebrate Catholic Schools Week, children of other/non faiths are welcome to attend the service. Feel free to write a note in your child's journal if you would like your child to remain in the school for the duration of the Service. Pupils will be provided with suitable work and supervised by another teacher.